Instagram is a great promotional tool that you can use to connect with your library members and to reach non-members. It is a highly visible platform that allows you to showcase your library spaces, resources, programs, promote future events and even introduce your staff to the community. The only limitation is your imagination!
Have you ever looked at great library Instagram accounts and wondered how they do it? How do they grow their following, create their amazing content and engage with their audience in such a dynamic way? New York Public Library has 292,000 followers, State Library of Victoria has 27,000 followers and State Library of New South Wales has 11,000 followers.
I get asked a lot of questions about how to manage an Instagram account for libraries so I created this workshop to show you how you can do it too!
This workshop is for you if
- You have been thinking about starting an Instagram account for your library but you don’t now where to start
- You have started an Instagram account but need help understanding why you are doing it and how to make it better
- You want to learn new social media skills to use in the workplace
What will you learn?
- How to set up an Instagram business account for your library
- How to create a dynamic Instagram bio and profile picture
- How to create a cohesive aesthetic for your Instagram feed
- How to understand your Instagram analytics to improve overall performance
- How to use hashtags to increase your reach
- How to use Instagram stories to connect with your followers
- How to create Instagram story highlight covers
- How to use free online tools to manage your Instagram account
- Tips and ideas for creating great content!
If you’re ready to learn how to create and manage an awesome Instagram account for your library then book into this workshop! I can’t wait to share all of my secrets with you!
Monday 29 October 9am – 12pm
Northgate Hall Meeting Room, 71 Scott Street, Northgate, Brisbane.
Book via Eventbrite HERE.
I’d love to hear from you about what kind of workshops you want to attend! If you have ideas, contact me and let me know!